Re: Contact for positive cases
Once term ends, school may still be required to play a part in contact tracing should a member of our school community test positive for coronavirus.
If your son/daughter becomes symptomatic and subsequently test positive, please follow the instructions below:
If the symptoms begin within 48 hours after leaving school on their last day AND the test comes back positive:
- you must email me directly – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do not make contact with any other member of staff
- I will then inform Lancashire County Council of the case and inform them of any close contacts.
- Lancashire County Council will then take responsibility for contact tracing and informing anyone who needs to self-isolate.
- I will only be checking my emails once a day at 12 noon up until and including Christmas Eve.
If the symptoms begin after 48 hours since they were last in school:
- Follow the national guidance for NHS Test and Trace to manage
I sincerely hope that no-one will need to access the above information and that we are all able to enjoy a safe, healthy and happy Christmas