This week in Bay tree Class our focus subject has been Geography. We have been looking at the different types of weather.
During our circle session we go on an adventure in an aeroplane to different countries with all types of weather conditions.
Our first weather condition is-
- Rain – We explore the props related to this such as wellies, rain coat and umbrella.
- Sunny– Our props are smelling sun cream, swimming costume, sunglasses and a hat.
- Snow– We had a look at gloves, woolly hat and ice pack.
- Fog- Lights were switched off and we put on a Hi -Vis and used a torch.
After exploring all the props we then discussed different things we might do in those weather conditions such as-
- Rain – splashing in puddles.
- Sunny – eating ice cream.
- Snow – building a snow man.
- Fog – use our torches.
All pupils were confident in answering the questions and had a good understanding and knowledge of the different weather types. Everyone was particular motivated by exploring the props and placing them in the correct weather condition hoop. Others engaged in all the sensory props that correspond with the weather conditions such as ice packs, water spray, hot water bottles, torches, sun cream and many more.